#7 - How to get started with Data Management & Sustainability (Eng)
September 03, 2021
Winfried Etzel VP Activities DAMA Norway
Another episode in English!
How to get started with Data Management? What is a "Data Dugnad"? And what can we as data professionals do to help companies achieve their sustainability goals?
Geoffrey van IJzendoorn-Joshi, Head of Data Management at Møller Mobility Group, and I talked about these topics and much more.
Geoffrey had some really interesting thoughts on how to approach Data Management in a company the size of Møller Mobility Group. Here are some of his key points:
- The key stakeholder in DM is you! You have to have faith in what you are doing and figure out how you learn and even more important: How you teach and spread your knowledge and how you can motivate others
- Don't forget about your Subject Matter Experts, they are key stakeholders that can leverage support for your initiative.
- The importance of Change Management cannot be mentioned often enough.
Other topics we covered are:
- The value of Data Management Maturity assessments
- Should Data be part of the business or digital?
- Suststainability and the emission numbers of data